Monday, February 1, 2010

Hey Cher, Can Phil Tell the Weather ?



Today We Ask Cher -

Cher, Do You Believe that Phil the Groundhog can tell the weather ?





well I do and I'm all signed up to get his report first thing in the morning. yepper this year phil's texting. this morning after he does his shadowdance you can read all about it here -  oh and text GROUNDHOG  to 247365.  respond with the letter Y and you'll get a text from the burrowcamp as soon as Phil is Ret to Tell us the weather for the spring.  I'm Bettin Spring Thaw !!!  btw, whomever came up with this was a genius.  a texting twittering groundhog.. man what a goldmine.  obtw - you can Twitter with Phil Here

This is Phil's latest Twit:   Yawn...big day tomorrow. Need to get up early to shave my five o'clock shadow.

Also Cher, tell us what do you think about the Peta proposition to Disneyfry Phil ?


Here's Cher's Response Everybody -

RE, Punxsutawney Phil is the Forecaster Supreme here in Pennsylvania.

Shadow? No shadow? Whatever the deal, we believe him. His average for being right is about 85%. When did you last see a weather forecaster that was so accurate? He draws larger crowds than Sarah Palin’s, and people dress for his big day!

When was the last time you saw a top-hat at a Sarah Palin gathering? Nope, Punxsutawney Phil is first class. Heck, he even had a movie done about him, and people line up for days just to know if Phil sees his shadow or not. His name is supposed to mean that he is seer of seers and sage of sages. He is our very own homegrown star.

Speaking of homegrown, when I found out that PETA wanted to replace Phil with a robot, I came undone. I even Tweeted about it. HELP! PETA is coming! His home is air-conditioned in the summer, warmed in the winter and he is fed lots of healthy food. Doesn’t PETA know this groundhog is said to be over 100 years old? That’s what I call Assisted Living.

But PETA had the audacity to try to…I can hardly say it…Disneyfry Phil?

If PETA shows up at Phil’s big day, someone should point them to the roadkill you see up there. Dead deer all over those country roads and I know some people who say, “Well, hell, if it ain’t got buckshot, it good enough to eat. Load ‘er up!” Maybe PETA would like some of those deer stakes, or better yet deer jerky. Jerks!

Cher  ;)


 Hey Cher I say we come up with a recipe for PETA Jerks.  yeahhhhhh

I know,, who would want to electrify a Groundhog ? that even sounds crazy Peta. y'all need to take a time out. when I mentioned it to Cher by phone y'all she busted out laughing; because I slipped and said that peta wants to disneyfry phil. boy oh boy was that incorrect. Fried Groundhog - awww hell naw. and what the hell is a marmot but a rat anyway ?  ooooooo that's right he's a Repalican't. sorry alaska..

This is from Blippit - I love them.

Groundhog Day 2010: Punxsutawney Phil Can Now Text You

Posted by Chris Monty on February 1st 2010


Groundhog Day 2010

Don't feel like traveling all the way to Pennsylvania and standing out in the freezing cold to see what Punxsutawney Phil has to say on this Groundhog Day 2010?

The Punxsutawney Groundhog Club invites you to text the word "Groundhog" to 247365. When Phil eventually makes his way out of his burrow on Gobbler's Knob, you'll get a text message indicating whether he saw his shadow (which means six more weeks of winter) or didn't (early spring!).
More here: Groundhog Day

Phil also has a MySpace page, where he states, "I don't talk much. I'm just like any groundhog, I sleep through the winter months, and eat in the summer. Sometimes I like to sleep in thefreezer, because I'm perfectly snug in there - and it freaks out the family when they go to get some frozen goods."

On Phil's Facebook page, he shares this: "I am 12 pounds and 20 inches long. I have brown fur and brown eyes. I like eating, sleeping, climbing, and making appearances."
 
The tourism office won't make any sort of profit from the text messaging project and simply thinks of it as a free promotion. Texting isn't the only thing getting lots of attention, however.

PETA has criticized the Inner Circle, Phil's group of caretakers, for keeping the animal in captivity.  They've even gone so far as to suggest that they use a robotic groundhog in his place.

"There's no chance of that whatsoever," says Mickey Rowley, deputy secretary for tourism at the Department of Community and Economic Development. "Phil is a well cared-for animal. I don't know why it's taken 120 years for animal rights reactionaries to even express a concern. The suggestion that it be Disneyfied with animatronics is ludicrous."


Hey Remember the Comments Are for Cher You Guys, Not Phil; so don't be "Disneyfried"
UPDATE *  FYI - Phil Texted me at 7:30am to say this :
From Gobbler's Knob: With approximately 30,000 on-lookers, Punxsutawney Phil's prognostication is : Six more weeks of winter!

Awww Crap Phil,




Loading image
Click anywhere to cancel
Image unavailable



Loading image
Click anywhere to cancel
Image unavailable

Loading image
Click anywhere to cancel
Image unavailable
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Mrs Sweetwater said...

Hey Cher - I'm Up already excited and getting all set up to dvr Phil this mornin. I know I'm a lil early by a few hours but this is such a special day each year I can hardly wait. Go Phillly it's ya wakey day go Philly it's ya waakey day ! Phil Phil Phil Phil Phillll !

Here's My Prediction: Phil will wake up; the man with the big hat will be there with food and probably some water for phil. then the news camera people will start jossling for attention. next phil will emerge and see them, turn around Poot at them; and go back in his hole. I think we'll get an early spring cause Phil is sleepy this year and he still aint tryin to see nona y'all mess. besides he has a new tv and he can watch it from inside instead. sheesh, you'd think the tevee peeps would know that Phil has his eye on them. shucks he's got a twitter, so he knows.

http://twitter.com/GroundhogPhil

yepper I'm signed up as a friend on twitter to phil too.

Cher Duncombe said...

From Gobbler's Knob: With approximately 30,000 on-lookers, Punxsutawney Phil's prognostication is : Six more weeks of winter!